Friday, January 8, 2010

Homework


My first week of classes and work is over. It has been a different experience to leave home at 7.30 AM and to come back as late as 10.30 PM. I feel okay about it though. Work is very different from school obviously but the two complement each other perfectly.

I will be working together with another student in my new products development class, which I feel okay about. I am a person who rather finishes assignments alone but since this project includes a lot of work, I believe it will be beneficial to have a team member.

I know my team member from before and she is a great student. I think we will be able to work together without any negative conflicts. We will have to come up with a product to launch but we have not discussed the details of the project in class yet.

I will go to Century 21 in Brooklyn today with a friend. I need to buy a new bag that can fit my laptop and work material and also things I need for school. I hope they have Samsonite bags or something of good quality.

I have a couple of assignments over the weekend. One is rather brief in which I have to summarize an article that talks about diversification. I personally feel that this assignment is very close to another assignment that I had to do for my group dynamics class last quarter.

I picked an article from The Economist that is about the growing number of women in the labor force. I think it is a great article and one that gives me plenty of room to elaborate. This is an individual assignment but much of what we will be doing for the rest of the quarter involves group activities.

My second assignment is not due until the week after next. It is for my business strategy and policy class, which I find to be an exceedingly interesting class. I have to pick a public company to analyze. I have to create a company profile for this particular assignment but future assignments will also be connected to the company I picked for the first assignment. It is therefore important that I pick a company that interests me.

I will not be doing any homework today. This is my first day of weekend and I want to spend it by just relaxing. I do have to go out to buy some fruit later but I like doing that because I usually go to Chinatown where they have great fruit for low prices, and it is a very interesting neighborhood.

No comments: