Sunday, January 10, 2010

Luck


I have bought all the books I need for this quarter. A friend of mine offered me to borrow his book for my marketing logistics class, which I kindly accepted. However, a few days later I somehow came to the conclusion that it was the new product development book that he had and not the one for logistics.

I therefore purchased the marketing logistics book online, which I quickly learned was a mistake. I have been trying to reach the seller on half.com because he never marked my book as shipped but he never responds to my emails.

Yesterday, I learned that he was no longer a user at half.com so the transaction has been voided. I do not think I have ever been this lucky. I will now be able to get my money back and borrow my friend’s book instead. I therefore saved $85.

I did some homework this weekend but not as much as I should have. I will have to read a chapter for my new product development class and I also have to read an article for my business strategy and policy class.

I also have to prepare a company profile for that class and I think I have decided what company to analyze now. I checked a few databases and the company’s annual report and there is plenty of material available, which is a good thing because it makes it easier for me to complete the paper.

I only worked out ones this weekend, which was today. I should have worked out three times but I simply did not have the motivation to do so. I do feel better now that I worked out though, and I have lost eight pounds in two weeks so far primarily by eating healthier.

I eat oatmeal in the morning except on weekdays when I have to work. I usually skip breakfast these days and have a large coffee instead, which actually makes me feel full. I thereafter go out to buy a foot long Subway sandwich with chicken, turkey breast, or ham with no dressing and no cheese.

I eat half of it for lunch and the other half in school. The total sandwich is only around 400 calories. I eat soup with rice or similar and a fruit when I come home. This is definitely enough for me and it is much easier now than it was the first few days I was on the diet.

On the weekend, I usually eat chicken with rice or potatoes with a lot of vegetables for lunch. I try not to eat too much later in the evening. I usually just eat two sandwiches with ham and tomatoes and a fruit. If I am hungry in between my meals, I eat an apple, a banana, or a Sharon fruit.

Eating like this is definitely making me feel better. I would not say that I feel more energetic as most people on a diet say, but I do feel both mentally and physically healthier in a way that is hard to describe.

No comments: