Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chase


J.P. Morgan Chase really upset me today. I noticed that one of my accounts was missing in the list of statements when I accessed Chase online. Chase had deleted my account more than a week ago without notifying me and without my authorization.

I used the account in question as a direct deposit account. My salary was, for example, deposited into this account. I usually transfer the incoming amount to my savings account immediately since I want to earn a greater interest rate.

Since this account had a zero balance, Chase’s database ran a warning on my account and a telephone banker deleted it without checking if there was any activity on the account and without asking me. My salary is now delayed because of this.

I spoke to the manager at my branch. She had a bad attitude and did not apologize for the inconvenience, which really upset me. She told me that she reactivated the account and that I had to deposit some money into it before midnight so that it was not closed again.

I left the bank after that and thought that I could deposit the money later today. However, the account was still not showing when I tried to make a deposit. I called Chase again and this guy now told me that I had to make an over-the-counter deposit for it to work.

I do not know why the manager neglected this information but I now have to wait for late next week to speak to them again because of school and work. This is the first time that I have had any problems with Chase but it still is unacceptable. I will tell them that I will switch bank if they keep giving me their same negative attitude and lack of communication.

I received my power adapter for my exercise bike today. I can finally start to work out. It feels like it is a little late though since school starts again soon. I will try to work out every day though because I want to get in shape before my girlfriend comes back.

It is getting cold in New York again. It was snowing a little bit today and it will keep snowing for two more days. The temperature will remain rather cold so I hope that it snows a lot. My apartment feels pretty cold too, unfortunately, but I hope that my landlord will increase the temperature soon.

No comments: