Monday, January 4, 2010

First Day


Today was my first work day since December 19th. It actually felt great to be back at work and to get involved with work activities again. I am currently waiting for my 6 PM class to start. I already know the professor and he is okay.

It can get quiet slow sometimes though because he is lecturing the whole time with minimum student involvement. This quarter will be extra agonizing since classes last for three hours. The reason for this is that I only have one class a week for each course. It is more usual to split the course into two classes.

I just remembered the other day that I will bring my laptop to school for each class because I need to bring it to work every day. I hope that all of my professors accept my laptop because it would be very useful in terms of taking notes.

It is not common for teachers to deny students using laptops. It usually happens in math classes or other classes that includes interpersonal communication between students and the professor. My classes will most likely not involve much of that.

I went to Chase today to reopen my account, which had been closed due to a bank error. I deposited money as they requested and everything should be fine now. However, I can still not see my account when I log on to Chase online. This is worrying me but I assume that it will take some time before this happens.

I was worried about what to eat now that I am busy working and going to school. I have successfully been able to eat extremely healthy on my break but it will get more difficult from now on. I bought a foot long sandwich at Subway today actually.

I figured that the healthiest sandwich would be a vegetarian one but I feel that I need some protein. I therefore chose a sandwich with turkey breast on wheat bread with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and pickles. I did not add any dressing more than salt and pepper. I calculated the amount of calories and it only came up to 215 calories for six inches. I ate half of the sandwich on my lunch, and I will eat the other half at school five hours later.

It feels like I will visit Subway a lot this quarter. I think it is an okay alternative to other restaurants. I might go and have a salad sometimes though but I do not like that very much since it does not make me full.

Another alternative is to bring my own food to work. I do like to go out to eat though because I feel that I need some fresh air at least ones in eight hours. Staying inside the office for the whole time is not fun even though this is a great office to work at.

No comments: