Sunday, January 17, 2010

Martin Luther King Day


This weekend will be extended thanks to the Martin Luther King Day on Monday. It feels good with some extra time off and it gives me the opportunity to catch up with a few assignments. I will also try to prepare for a presentation this weekend.

I went to a friend’s house yesterday. We had decided to throw a party with a couple of other friends and we had a great time. We had dinner, joked around, and played some Wii. Wii is extremely funny to play together with friends actually.

One of the classes that I am taking this quarter is a hybrid class with most of it being online and a few classes being on campus. I only have three more classes on campus and those three will be used for presentations. I therefore have to coordinate with my group so that we are all prepared to present our work. I do not think it will be very hard to do because my team members seem to take the class seriously.

The Golden Globes Awards is on tonight on NBC. The host is Ricky Gervais and I think he is exceedingly funny. He has already made a few great jokes including one directed at Angelina Jolie and her adoption history. I hope that Avatar will receive a couple of awards. I really enjoyed that movie and I feel that there was a bunch of great directing behind it.

I went to Century 21 yesterday. I went to Burlington Coat Factory first because they advertised that they had an 80% clearance sale. However, I did not find anything there that I wanted so I went to Century 21 instead. I found a tie and a sweater that I really like. It is not often that I find nice clothing at Century 21 but from time to time they have really nice items for very low prices.

There is a lot of critic against Jay Leno these days. Apparently, many people are blaming him for forcing Conan O Brien to go back to his old schedule. I think this critic is seriously misdirected. This is a decision coming from NBC. The reason for NBC’s restructuring is that neither Jay Leno nor Conan O Brien have been able to generate a big enough TV audience.

I have almost finished my company profile for my business strategy and policy class. I believe It turned out pretty well but I will make a few more adjustments before turning it in on Tuesday. The company I chose was FedEx because I am really interested in the logistics industry since I work with it on my internship.

No comments: