Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Customer Service


There are a couple of holidays approaching. The first one is Martin Luther King Day which is on Monday next week. I will be off from work and school that day, which gives me a four day weekend. I will have to catch up with a couple of assignments so this holiday comes very suitably.

I will have to write a company profile for the business that I chose to work with in my business strategy and policy class. The final draft of this project will, hopefully, be helpful in terms of understanding how to analyze a company.

I am having difficulties in filing a complaint at half.com. They do not have phone support and even though the company is owned by eBay, eBay’s customer support center cannot assist me. The only support provided is that of email support. There is not any kind of live support and this is making the situation extremely agonizing.

I have now sent three emails to the support center and every time I do so, I hope that they will be able to resolve my issue. The problem is very clear because the user who sold the item to me is no longer a member and has not shipped my book yet. It should, therefore, not be hard for them to expedite my refund.

I cannot file a claim at this time either because neither of the categories listed on the “file a claim” page match my problem. If their next responds is not accurate, I will pick any category, which hopefully will be acceptable.

Running a business and not provide sufficient customer support is extremely risky. EBay did set up phone support but attaining the phone number is extremely difficult. Their attempt to try to rely substantially on the Internet will not work unless they have live chat support that supports all their subsidiaries.

I am also have difficulties with a shipment that I made with USPS. The delivery status has not been updated for weeks now and they have called me twice in attempt to get more information from me. Things are taking way too long and they definitely need to work on their customer support. However, it is better than half.com’s service.

No comments: