Saturday, May 9, 2009

White Elephant Sales


I was not as lucky as I was hoping to be when it came to my possible internship. I gave my professor’s acquaintance a call yesterday and he was helpful. However, due to the struggling economy, all he could do was to refer me to the department of human resources.

I am far away from giving up though. I have many cards left in the deck and am optimistic in finding something that I will highly admire working with. I will notify my professor about the situation and he told me that he would help me out if the first one did not lead to anything.

I will also visit Berkeley College’s career center on Monday. They are extremely professional when it comes to finding work for students. I was told that 100% of students graduating last quarter found a job. This was accomplished much thanks to the career center.

These numbers would be significant in a growing economy. In a contracting economy, the numbers are purely spectacular.

I went to my fiancĂ©e’s school today. They had some sort of barbeque celebration day. The food was fantastic and it was fun to see a few familiar faces. The event was unfortunately held inside because they were expecting to see some rain.

Talking about rain, my landlord will fix the leak in my apartment today. The window has not leaked since the first night it happened, which I feel very good about. However, the weather has not been that severe even though there has been some rain.

I think the problem can be fixed by sealing the leak with some silicon. It should not be too much of a hassle actually. I think the bigger work would have to be done on the outside of the apartment. As of today, the joint will only be fixed from the outside, which is perfectly fine by me.

A lot of people in Brooklyn are having white elephant sales today. I noticed the same thing two weeks ago actually and I guess it is because people want to get rid of old stuff for the summer. It can be quite fun to walk around and see what is on sale. Everything from flags to crystals can be found actually.

I am going to ride my exercise bike today. I have been eaten too unhealthy lately and I really feel that I want to get some exercise. I hope the belt will not fall off again. However, I know how to easily put it back on now.

I have a midterm in contemporary American history next Thursday. It will be open book and open notes for the exam and I believe I have terrific notes prepared. I really do not think it will be a problem for me to do well on the test.

Today’s picture is from today. It portrays one out of many selling some of his belongings. It is hopefully because he is tired of his old stuff and not because of the struggling economy.

No comments: