Monday, May 18, 2009

IKEA


I went to IKEA this weekend. I have wanted to go there for a long time so it was nice to experience it again. I decided to have lunch there and ordered Swedish meatballs. It was a delicious meal even though the meatballs probably were frozen.

The reason I went to IKEA was because I wanted to buy a sofa bed, a side table, a wall shelf, and a curtain rod. I got all that I wanted and I got everything for a great price. The sofa bed was only $149, which is amazing compared to the price of other sofas around New York.

I had to assemble it myself but it was definitely worth it. The quality is surprisingly good relative to the price and it is of perfect size. I also bought some frames so that I could put up a photo that I took and some other pictures.

The apartment definitely looks better now and it feels more hospitable. I installed the curtain rod but the curtains I have are unfortunately too narrow so they do not cover my windows enough.

I will go to buy curtains later this week when I find time to do so. My landlord is incredibly helpful and I feel very lucky to have found an apartment like this. He helped me to transport everything I bought from IKEA back to my apartment.

I cannot imagine delivering everything myself. I was, at first, planning to take the bus to New Jersey and carry everything back home using the subway. I do have a trolley and a cart that I could have used but it would still be an overload of stuff to move.

I ordered a new exercise bike from Modell’s this weekend. I have a box to ship my old bike back now because of my trip to IKEA. I ordered the same bike again and it will hopefully not break this time.

I have not received my test result for my midterm in history yet. I am guessing that I will receive it tomorrow though. I am not sure if I did good or bad but I have a feeling that I will get an A.

I want to take some more pictures and develop them so that I can put them up on the wall. My apartment is definitely lacking that and I think it would make it more homely here.

I did two tests today. My professor in management posted a quiz on blackboard that I had to do. I got an A on it and it was not terribly difficult. I had to read the book and focus on the questions but that comes with every test.

My second test today was in statistics. I have answered all questions and I feel good about it. My professor gave out great handouts and I took many notes from the class, which really helped me for the test.

I took the picture in lower Manhattan close to Washington Park. It is a friendly place and it is nice to see the kids play basketball. There are a lot of basketball courts in New York and it is nice to see that they are not empty.  

No comments: