Monday, May 25, 2009

A Weakening Dollar


My plan for today was to travel to Manhattan and visit a ship. However, I found out that the last day for visiting ships in Manhattan was yesterday so I ended up never going there. 

They had tours in Staten Island but it takes too long to get there from Brooklyn without a car so I did not want to go there. There is a ship called The Intrepid that is located in the Midtown West harbor, which people can visit any day if they missed the guided tours during Fleet Week.

I decided to go to Kings Plaza in Brooklyn for some shopping instead. I went to Modell’s, Old Navy, and a couple of other stores. I bought a few great shirts and my fiancĂ©e bought me a pair of shorts.

I am very happy with my purchases and I am eager to try the cloths I bought online from Old Navy. They should arrive late this week.

I did not get my booking confirmation for the wine tasting event yet. I really hope there has not been a mistake made because I have been looking forward to this event for a long time.

I was thinking about buying a baseball and a glove at Modell’s today. I could not find a glove that fit my hand perfectly though so I never bought it. However, I tried catching a few balls, which confirmed that I am really not good at baseball.

I prefer American football compared to baseball, and I am already looking forward for next season to start in September. I have never been to a game actually so I am going to try to get tickets for at least one game this year. I want to see The Giants, but it is pretty inconvenient to do so because their stadium is in New Jersey.

It has been extremely pleasant with one extra day off this weekend. I have not had much to do for school so I have been able to relax for most of the time. I will have to do some homework later today though but I should be able to finish it in two hours.

The dollar is weakening compared to many currencies right now. I would guess it is because the government is printing money to cover the debt, which is devaluing the dollar.

It is benefiting me because I have to transfer some money from Sweden soon. It is always hard to tell what will happen in the long-term with the dollar value but I think it will keep loosing value for a relatively long time.

There was a market on 7th Avenue in Manhattan yesterday. There were a lot of different dishes to eat and everything smelled really good. It was incredibly crowded so I am sure business was good, at least that day. 

No comments: