Sunday, May 24, 2009

Old Navy


I wanted to buy some more shirts for the summer so I went to Old Navy with my fiancée yesterday. They have a large variety of cloth and there are several things that appeal to me.

What I really wanted to do was to go there and see what sizes I needed. I figured I could get a better deal if I bought everything online on the Old Navy website. The store at 34th Street in Manhattan is huge and they certainly have almost everything in stock. However, the online store probably has more cloths and therefore a bigger selection of cloths.

I bought a lot of shirts actually and two shorts. That should give me the opportunity to wear different outfits for the rest of the summer. Exactly how many outfits I can wear based on my current closet is unknown to me, even though I should be able to calculate it using knowledge from my statistics class.

I had to install everything I bought from IKEA yesterday. I do not feel comfortable drilling in walls and I try to avoid it. However, there was no way out this time. I had to install one mirror and one wall shelf, both fairly tricky to put up.

I think it turned out very well though. I hope both objects will stay on the wall though. I feel worried about setting up too many books and heavy things on the wall shelf because I am not sure how much weight it can bear.

I tried the Domino’s Bread Bowl Pasta yesterday. I guess Jay Leno was right when he said that it is ridiculous to make things greasier and greasier. Not only does the pasta contain a lot of butter and cheese, it is also wrapped in a large piece of pizza dough.

The scary part of all this is that I really liked it. It was delicious! I am sure it will not kill people unless they eat too much of it. I will try to ride my exercise bike extra much this weekend.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day. Berkeley College is closed and I like having an extra long weekend to enjoy. The day honors those American men and women who died while in the military service.

I think it is a nice way to commemorate soldiers and their families. There will be parades, barbeques, and donation events all over New York. I will probably go out to watch the parade but I have not set up any definite plans yet.

I took the picture in Brooklyn at sunset. The sky looked really beautiful this day and I wished I had been at a better place to see it. 

No comments: