Sunday, May 10, 2009

Maintenance


Tonight is the last episode of Celebrity Apprentice, which I am strongly looking forward too. I have never seen the ordinary apprentice without celebrities but I think I would like that more actually.

However, the show definitely offers some great entertainment and gives people a perspective of how the life as a businessman can be. Celebrities definitely have an advantage though because of their wealthy connections, which is the reason I think I would prefer the ordinary show.

My landlord came to my apartment today to seal the joint that caused rainwater to leak in. He mainly focused on the outside of the apartment and I hope that it will be enough. He also helped me to fix a few other things and it feels good to have it done.

I think I need to go to IKEA soon. I have not been there in a long time and I want to by a curtain and some Swedish groceries. I am not sure if they lowered their prices because of the recession but it would certainly be appreciated.

I did some homework today. I had to type down my notes from my history class, which takes a few hours every weekend. I think I have all the notes that I need for my midterm typed down now and I believe they will be extremely helpful.

I have written down a lot of what the professor said and I believe my notes are as complete as they could be. It will be interesting to see what the test will look like. He said he would ask seven questions, which sounds pretty modest compared to how much we have talked about so far.

I also did my homework for international economics today. The book is not easy at all actually. I really had to study the material to be able to answer the questions. Also, I do not know what I would do without the Internet.

I want to buy some new shirts for the summer. I think I will go to Old Navy to do so since I like their casual style. I would not wear their cloths at a workplace but it is comfortable to wear on weekends and such.

I am going to return my exercise bike. I need to find a box first because Modell’s refuses to send me one, which I find extremely disappointing. I think I will call them tomorrow and ask if they can send me a new bike first and let me use the box for that one, but I doubt they will help me with that.

I took today’s picture at 5th Avenue in Manhattan. Tourists are definitely getting more and more common this time of year and it is getting harder to navigate on the sidewalks. Even though tourists can be quite frustrating some times, it is nice to see that some people can still afford travelling and buying souvenirs, which is good for the city and its businesses. 

No comments: