Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Champions League


I will go to see the Champions League final with a friend tomorrow. We are planning to go to a bar somewhere in Midtown Manhattan and I am looking forward to it even though I am not that into soccer.

Manchester United is playing against Barcelona and I know they are both great teams regardless my lousy experience in soccer. I have a test on Thursday so I will have to be careful not partying too hard.

The truth is that I prefer to have just a few drinks and not go wild like many other fans would end up doing.

I had the review for the test today and this must be the most challenging test so far this quarter. I said a few blogs ago that it would be one of the most interesting tests and I still feel that way.

It looks like the test will cover a lot about exchange rates, the European Union, and derivatives. These subjects will come in great use later in life so I keep my eyes and ears wide open and try to grasp as much information as possible.

I tried to go over the review questions and I have prepared a reference sheet for the day of the test. All students are allowed to bring two of them, which I believe is fair due to the high level of difficulty.

I experienced some problems with my IPod Touch lately. I called Apple and they told me that they could pick it up and repair it. That would cost me $35 so I was not in the mood to do it.

Instead, I went to the Apple store located in just South of Central Park in Manhattan. I booked an appointment for the next day to meet with an expert. When the expert was done analyzing the IPod, he came to the conclusion that I needed a new one.

The IPod was exchange with a new one without any additional fees, which made me very happy. The one I had was full of scratches and in a clearly used condition. The one I received looked brand new.

I must praise Apple for its impressive support. I am thinking about getting an extended warranty for my laptop because of it. My warranty expires in September this year and even though I have not experienced any problems with it, it would feel safer to be protected by a warranty.

Picture was taken on 5th Avenue in Manhattan. The sky is clearly blue almost every day now and it is mostly very hot outside. The summers in New York can be pretty unpleasant because of that. 

No comments: