Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Possible Internship


Today, I was expecting my professor to give me a name and a company for which I could do my internship. As promised, he gave me the name of one of his connections and I will call him tomorrow.

I really hope this will lead somewhere, but my professor also promised me that he would assist me in case of a negative response.  I am looking for an unpaid position at the moment, which should give me an advantage against paid interns.

There was a storm in Brooklyn last night. It was not extremely windy but the rain poured down aggressively. I was just preparing to go to bed when I heard a dripping sound from inside my apartment. 

I later discovered that water was leaking in from my bedroom window. It was not the actual window that was leaking but the joint between the window and the wall. I went down to my landlord right after noticing it and he promised to fix it as soon as the weather turned better. 

I was nervous during the night that the leak would get worse. However, I stashed up some towels close to the leak and everything seems okay so far. I really hope the weather will turn better and sunnier as soon as possible though because I do not want to have to worry about it.

I really like Thursdays. Ugly Betty, Grey’s Anatomy, and Southland are all on TV so I try to relax every Thursday evening. I do not watch TV much actually but it is nice to do so sometimes and especially after one week of hard work.

I did not attend the workshop today. I was hoping I could go out for lunch with a friend before going there because I finished at 12.00 PM and the workshop took place at 3.30. I was not in the mood to hang around and wait for it so I went home instead and ran some errands.

I tried the grilled chicken at KFC today. It is definitely healthier than the fried chicken and it is not as greasy. However, the taste was very similar to the grilled chicken people can buy at supermarkets and I really think that people can save money without scarifying taste by going there instead.

I took today’s picture last summer. It is definitely an inspiration to walk on Wall Street. The buildings, the people, and the life at Wall Street really are different than the rest of Manhattan. 

No comments: