Thursday, May 14, 2009

Contemporary American History Test


I had a test in history today. It was not very difficult but I think people had to be careful when considering how to answer the questions.

My processor had recommended the length for each answer for every question. He was usually asking for two to five sentences, which was not a problem. The questions were very specific and students had to find the exact right answer to be able to answer them.

The test was open book and open notes like I explained before. However, it would be difficult to find all the answers in the book without preparing for the test. I prepared myself for the test, but I did not spend that much time doing so much thanks to my complete notes. 

The test covered American foreign policy in 1939 to 1960. One question dealt with the role of women during the post war years and another one asked a specific question about Eisenhower.

I was amazed that the test consisted of only seven questions. We have talked about so much during these first six weeks that it almost seemed incomplete with only seven questions on the test. 

However, we had limited time to do the test and a bigger test would simple take too long to finish. I like essay tests actually because it give students the chance to explain their answers.

I went to the Career Center at Berkeley College yesterday. They will help me find an internship for the summer. Students that need internships for credits will be helped first of course but that does not mean that I will not get a satisfying internship.

I have a few other ideas that I am trying to execute right now and I feel hopeful in finding an internship for the summer.

I have to take an online test to become qualified for registration of online classes. I have not finished it yet because I experienced a problem on blackboard yesterday. I have contacted two of the professors though and I am waiting for them to respond.

I have a take-home test in math to do over the weekend. I like what we are doing in class right now actually even though my general conception of math is moderately negative. We are talking about probability and the counting principle. Most of it makes sense to me so far, which is the reason I enjoy it.

I wanted to post a picture of the New York Stock Exchange today. This is usually what people see when they visit New York as tourists. The big American flag has become a symbol of Wall Street, and I am very fascinated by the size of it. 

No comments: