Monday, May 11, 2009

I Need To Change My Schedule


I think I will make a few changes on my schedule for next quarter. I want to have three days available for work in case I get an internship so I am trying to switch a few classes.

There is already one class that I have planned to switch, which is an art class. The other class I have that day is intercultural communication, which I was looking forward to but it is a class I do not have to take. 

I can reschedule that class for next quarter instead if I want to. I am thinking about taking professional selling online and one extra class in the morning on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

The class I probably will take is management simulation. I have heard great things about it and I think it would be a very interesting class to take. I have a friend who took it and he recommended me to do so too.

Apparently, students work with a computer program in attempt to raise as much capital as possible. It sounds challenging, but I think I would learn a lot from it. I need to talk to the academic advisors tomorrow and ask them if the classes are still available.

I will have three tests this week, but it is definitely not as bad as it sounds. My first test is in history, which is on Thursday. The second test is a take-home test in statistics and I will have the whole weekend to do it. My third test is in management, and it will be posted online. Just like my second test, I have the weekend to finish it.

I definitely do not feel stressed about it. I feel well prepared for the math and I believe I have a great professor. The management is not very hard either especially because I have enough time to study the material in the book before taking the test. The history might be challenging, but I think I have sufficient notes to make up for it.

I am thinking about meeting up with some photographers. The international division at Berkeley College recommends international students to network as much as possible and I really agree with this.

I was provided the website meetup.com and it looks like a promising page. I have not yet organized anything but I am thinking about it. It would definitely be an advantage for me if I could build some more connections with people.

I took today’s picture in Central Park last winter. Central Park is a beautiful place no matter what time of day you go there. As you can see in the picture, South Central Park offers a spectacular view of Midtown Manhattan. 

No comments: