Friday, May 22, 2009

Fleet Week


I cleaned my apartment today. It took a long time but everything is clean now, which feels good. I have been trying to fix my fiancée’s blackberry for the rest of the day, which really has made me tired.

She bought a blackberry phone online and we could not really figure it out. We wanted to add applications but it did not go as smoothly as we wanted. When I tried to update the phone, the installation cancelled in the middle of the operation.

This blanked out the phone totally and all software was deleted. I tried to reinstall it but the blackberry did not want to connect with my computer. I thought I had broken it for a while, but I successfully reinstalled the system after several attempts of trying to do so.

I really like my iPhone and I realized today how much easier it is compared to other phones. The Apple support center is also terrific in assisting customers, which I cannot say about blackberry or t-mobile.

I will have a test next week in international economics. I think this will be the most interesting test this quarter. The test covers exchange rates, international markets, and derivatives.

We have learned a lot about option and future contracts, which I find very interesting especially since corporations use them frequently. I really think that it was an extremely important part of this course.

It is getting really hot outside. However, I think I can avoid installing the air conditioner this summer. My new apartment is definitely cooler than my old one and I have so far gotten along very well using my fan only.

It is nine days left until the Tonight Show with Conan O Brian starts again. He is taking over for Jay Leno, which is a decision I support even though I like Leno too. However, Leno will still have a show but it will be broadcasted earlier in the evening. 

This week is “Fleet Week.” It is a tradition where active military ships dock in major cities so that the crews can visit tourist attraction for a week. People can therefore visit the ships and attend various events, including guided tours on ships, military demonstrations, and air shows.

There are a lot of crewmembers walking around in the city during the week. It is nice to see actually. I might attend a tour tomorrow because I need to go to Manhattan anyway. I saw military ships when I went to Boston but it would definitely be fun to see again.

I took the picture a few days ago in Brooklyn at the Avenue U station. I like how someone painted an American flag on the fence. The train stations definitely need more art like that so they do not look too gray. 

No comments: