Sunday, April 5, 2009

Boston Day 1


I am on my way to New York now after visiting Boston. Since I have not written any blogs since then I thought I would dedicate a few to why people should travel to Boston and what I did when being there.

My fiancée and I caught an early bus to Boston last Wednesday. It only took four hours to get there so it was a very convenient trip. It also stopped at a Burger King ones after about two hours on the road.

Our hotel room was excellent and I will definitely stay at a Hilton Hotel if possible next time I travel. We got free chocolate cookies when we checked in and they were freshly warm and very tasty.

My fiancée and I decided to walk something called the Freedom Trail after resting for an hour at the hotel. We basically saw everything in Boston by doing so. The Freedom Trail is a walk that takes people to famous, historical, and beautiful locations.

Among several other things, we saw the old state house, Boston common, and Cambridge. I took a lot of pictures so I will post a few of them here for you all to see. It is very easy to navigate in Boston because it a much smaller city than New York.

Boston is definitely a beautiful city and I must say that the people are much friendlier there than in New York. I actually felt that Boston was quite similar to Seattle when it came to hospitality.

We decided to take the train to Boston University after an amazing time of exploring the city on our own. I wanted to take a few pictures there on the Boston skyline, and my fiancée wanted to see the university.

The weather was not very good during our stay. It was at best partially cloudy and there was even a thunderstorm yesterday. It definitely did not stop us from doing activities and having fun though.

We got very tired after spending several hours of walking in the city so we bought some Chinese food and brought it to our hotel room in the evening. It is cheaper to eat in New York and we preferred the taste in our neighborhood compared to the restaurant we went to in Boston.

The bed in the hotel room was amazing. It was a king size bed and the mattress was absolutely gorgeous. It was perfectly soft and it made it especially hard to get up in the morning.

My fiancée and I had planned every day pretty well so we knew what to do all the time. Both of us does not really like to plan every step of a trip but it really helped this time since we only stayed for four days. 

No comments: