Sunday, April 5, 2009

Last Day in Boston

We dedicated the fourth and last day to shopping and doing things we thought we had missed. We were planning on visiting the Samuel Adams brewery but we had the wrong address.

My fiancée wanted to buy some shoes at Aldo because they had a “buy one get one free” sale. She ended up buying nothing though because they did not have anything she liked.

After that we walked up to Quincy Market to have a look. We really liked that place but there were a little too many tourists there. There was a great Australian street performer there who was extremely funny and entertaining.

He could squeeze through a tennis racket, twist his arms around his head in scary ways, and stand on a tall pole while joggling with knifes. He was definitely the most entertaining street performer I have ever seen.

My fiancée and I went to the Boston Public Garden after that. There are a few famous duck statues there so we took some funny pictures.  We walked a lot during this trip so I hope I lost a few pounds.

The garden itself is beautiful and the world’s shortest steel-wire suspension bridge is there. It is close to the richest neighborhood in Boston, which of course looks very attractive. Someone had put plants in a few sneakers there, which looked pretty cool.

A tour guide had commented earlier on that saying when poor people do things like that they are called crazy, and when very rich people do the same they are called creative and exquisite. I feel that there lies some truth in that statement.

The hotel we stayed at allowed us to leave our bags there until our bus left. That was very helpful because it would be very inconvenient to drag the bags with us all the time on the last day.

I am on the bus right now actually writing the blog. It amazes me that I can access the Internet from here sometimes when driving through a city or next to a Bolt bus. The Chinese buses do not offer Internet but they have an unbeatable price of $30 roundtrip New York – Boston.

I am looking forward to see my cat again, to get back to busy New York, and get ready for another quarter at Berkeley College. However, I will miss the peaceful, friendly, and comfortable life in Boston.

I recommend everyone to go there sometime in his or her life. It offers beautiful views and architecture. There is a lot of history there too, which should be interesting for most people. It was certainly for me and I feel that I have been warmed up for my history class starting next week. 

No comments: