Sunday, April 26, 2009

Exercise Bike


I received my exercise bike three days ago. It was easy to assemble and I was improved by how sturdy it was. The quality was definitely of better standard than what I thought it would be.

However, it broke today, which really makes me upset. I have only used it twice and it is already not working. I think the chain or rubber band inside it jumped off because there is no resistance at all when I use it.

I called Modell’s today and they said I should call the manufacturer if I do not want to send it back. I definitely do not want to send it back because then I would have to take it apart, find a new huge box, and ship it. That would be too much work.

I could not call the manufacturer today because it is Sunday but I will call them tomorrow when I get home from school. The only option they have is to send a guy over to fix it or assist me in looking up what the problem is. I am not going to send it back.

I typed down a week of notes from my history class today. It takes a really long time to type them down and it is amazing how much we cover in every history class. It is very interesting though so I do not mind doing it.

It is getting really hot in New York now. It was 90 degrees today and I had to install my fan. The apartment is not that hot actually, which is a good sign because I might not need to install the air conditioner.

The electricity bill usually goes up $60 a month when using the air conditioner so I rather use a fan. My cat is extremely lazy these days because of the heat. She likes laying on the floor because it is the coldest place right now.

I went to eat buffet with my fiancée last Thursday. Apparently, they have 50% off this season so it only costs about $8 per person to eat there. The restaurant is located in Flushing in Queens and they have Chinese food only.

The food was okay for being that cheap but I am not sure I will go back there. It takes a really long time for me to get there, about two hours. One thing I liked about it was the dessert. They have an ice cream machine so people can eat all they want.

I took today’s picture in Bryant Park in Midtown Manhattan. The grass has gotten really green now and the weather was beautiful that day. It is really nice to see everyone sitting outside and enjoying the weather.

There are certainly more people on the streets now. More and more tourists are coming in to the city and I guess more people walk instead of talking cabs or subway now when it is warm outside. 

No comments: