Monday, April 27, 2009

Planning For Next Quarter


I had a test in statistics today. Like I said before, this test was supposed to have been last week but that class was cancelled.

I felt prepared for the test but it actually offered a few surprises. I think I got everything right though and I really hope that I will full score on it. The test covered stem-leaf display, histograms, systematic sampling, standard deviations and more.

It looks like my old professor will not come back to this class. A new teacher has been assign my class and he explained that he would probably stay in my class till the end of the quarter.

It is time to register for next quarter again. I have not made up a schedule yet so I am not sure what classes I will take. I have a lot of free electives to take so I have to customize my schedule more and more. I want to take web design and that class is finally available.

I tried to fix my exercise bike today. I removed the cover to see if the belt had slipped off and I noticed that so was the case. I thought it would be easy to fix it but it is extremely hard.

The cover does not come off fully because the pedals are in the way. Every time I am trying to put the belt back on I cut my wrists against the cover and it hurts a lot. I am waiting for my fiancée to come back home so she can help and I will hopefully be able to fix it.

The belt is very inflexible so it is hard to put it on. I have cursed a lot the last hour because of it and the customer service has not been able to help me. My final option will be to return the bike but that would be a painful last way out.

The news is warning about a new flue in New York. A lot of people are worried about it but I do not think the risk of getting it is very high. One school in Queens was closed after a few students got infected but all of them seem to be okay now.

It was really warm in my bedroom last night. Strangely, it is hotter in the evenings than in the afternoons in my apartment. I ran the fan the whole night and that made it more comfortable.

There is a big risk of catching a cold when using the fan overnight though but I felt great when I woke up. I will try using it as much as possible instead of installing my air conditioner. I do not want my electricity bill to go up by $60. 

No comments: