Sunday, April 5, 2009

Boston Day 2


The first thing on our list for last Thursday was to take the duck tour. The duck tour is a typical tourist thing to do in which people are taken around the city in an amphibious vehicle, which by other words is a vehicle that can drive both on land and water.

These vehicles were actually made by the U.S. military during the Second World War. They are quite comfortable for being old military vehicles actually. There is also a tour guide who explains each attraction.

We saw a lot of what we had already seen the first day actually but it was interesting to have the history explained to oneself.

We entered water after about 45 minutes. From there, we could see the Museum of Science, which was also whe

re the duck tour started. We also saw old graveyards located in the middle of Boston, the USS Constitution, and beautiful neighborhoods. The view was fantastic from the water and we really enjoyed the tour.

The tour guide also asked us tourists if anyone would like to drive the boat. I was among the first persons to raise my hand so I can now proudly say that I drove a duck tour vehicle. I also got a sticker as evidence.

The Museum of Science did not impress me that much actually. There were a lot of loud school kids there, which annoyed me a little. I did see a detailed video about how a woman gives birth though. That was both interesting and a little disgusting.

After an hour at the museum, my fiancée and I took the train to the New England Aquarium. I really enjoyed the time there because they have a lot to offer. I saw penguins for the first time in my life. They have a lot of them actually.

They also have a huge transparent tank with sharks, eels, and many other fishes in. I have always wanted to see a shark and the experience there was awesome. There are also a few aquariums in the basement with jellyfishes in them. They look absolutely beautiful in the light even though I would never want to touch one.

We also went to see a 3D movie at an Imax theatre at the New England Aquarium. The 3D effects were very impressive actually and scared me a couple of times. The movie was about the life at sea and showed sharks and various fishes.

We went to the Museum of Fine Arts after an amazing time at the aquarium. They have many beautiful paintings there and the building itself is magnificent. I do not know much about art but I certainly appreciate it.

We ended the day by going to Hard Rock Café. I love the food there and so does my fiancée. The food is identical in all of their locations so it was not a unique experience. I did enjoy the ribs though.

Everyone going to Boston should get the Go Boston Card. It includes several tours, museums, and free gifts at different restaurants locations. It will really save people money if they plan their trip well. 

No comments: