Monday, April 6, 2009

First Day


Today I had my first day in school this quarter. I was looking forward to going to school this morning actually and I really believe this quarter will be very interesting.

My first class was unfortunately cancelled. Some homework was posted on blackboard though so I will be able to prepare for next class. I wish I had checked blackboard before leaving home this morning because I had to wait an hour and a half for next class.

I am pretty lucky this quarter when it comes to books. My friend will borrow me two of the books I need and I think the other two will be fairly cheap. I am not sure what book I need for my contemporary history class yet though.

I am looking forward to seeing my friends again tomorrow. I have one class with two of my closest friends on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The class is international economics and the professor for that class is both intelligent and extremely fun to listen to.

I had my class in principles of management after waiting for an hour and a half. I am having great expectations from this class. The professor is also a graduate teacher at New York University with a PHD in management.

He is very considerate, respectful, and intelligent. I got a little nervous when I saw that we had to make a five-minute presentation in class. However, the professor later explained that it would be a group presentation, which calmed me down.

I know a couple of people in class already so I feel good about it. I think it will be an interesting class with a lot of discussions and cases.

The weather was disappointing today. It was raining and the black umbrellas ones again dominated in Manhattan. It gave me the opportunity to wear my new jacket though so I was fine with it.

I have already started to miss Boston. I felt that four days there was enough when returning from the city. However, right now it feels like I a few more days would not hurt. I guess it is the hotel life that really attracts me.

I went out to have a look at beds and mattresses yesterday. I wanted to find a bed as soft as the one in my hotel room in Boston. I did a test at Sleepys to find the perfect bed for me and it chose the one I loved the most, which was also the softest one.

However, at $2,500 it was a little too pricy for me at this time. It would only be $80 a month for 36 months with no interest though so I felt really tempted to buying it.

I took today’s picture in Boston. The city offers a few skyscrapers but there are not at all as many as in New York. The Boston skyline still looks gorgeous though. 

No comments: