Wednesday, April 22, 2009

No Test on Test Day


I was supposed to have a test today but no professor showed up. It is a little upsetting because I will now have to study again on Sunday.

There has been some trouble with my Statistics class and a substitute teacher was supposed to be assigned my class. No one showed up today to give us the test, however, and now I have to wait to at least Monday next week to take the test.

I did talk to the chairperson of Berkeley College today and they are in the process of dealing with the issue. Berkeley College handles everything very fast and I feel that they care a lot about their students.

I will have a quiz in my management class on Wednesday next week. It will be an online quiz so I can do it at home. I really like that actually and it should not be hard for me. I believe we have the whole weekend to do it so I should definitely be able to come up with some good answers.

I have homework every week in international economics. I think it is the most challenging homework I have had so far. I really have to read the chapters and analyze different problems to be able to answer the questions.

I learn a lot though and it is very interesting. I really think what I learn now in my international economics class will be helpful for me in the future. Actually, I think everything I learn today will be helpful in the future in some way.

Things that are specifically interesting in my international economics class are our discussions about trade, tariffs, and currencies. It can be very complicated sometimes but it is fascinating to learn about different transaction methods and how international shipments work etcetera.

It is getting warmer and warmer in New York. There have been a few thunderstorms these days to so the weather is pretty unstable. The weather in Sweden is usually pretty unambiguous and does not change much, whereas in New York it can be 85F one day and 60F the other day.

I will receive my exercise bike tomorrow. I am really looking forward to start assembling it. I have not assembled anything since I went to IKEA and bought a table last time, but it should not be a problem.

I saw a cool license plate a few days ago. It said Barack 09. Although, it should say Barack 08, it is still entertaining. I took the picture at Dekalb Avenue in Brooklyn and there are a lot of Obama fans over there. They still have signs for sale saying, “Yes We Can” together with other campaign material.

No comments: