Friday, February 6, 2009

Tax Returns


It is time to file for tax returns and I have never done it in the United States before. It is quite tricky actually, especially since this is my first time.

People can apparently do it online these days so I tried to do so today. It was not that easy so I will have to ask at the International Division at Berkeley College next week. They usually help you out with just about everything so I think they will be happy to assist me.

It feels really good to have weekend now. I really need the break. I went out with my fiancĂ©e to buy her some gifts because both her birthday and Valentine’s Day is coming up. We found a few really nice things that I probably will give her when the time is right.

Walgreens called me a couple of days ago regarding a few VHS tapes that I had turned in because I wanted them to be digitalized. They told me that I could pick them up, which made me really happy.

The tapes are really old and contain material from when I was really young. I picked them up yesterday and opened the box right away when I came home. I noticed that the DVD’s were missing after I had torn apart the boxes and envelops.

Walgreens had practically done nothing because all I had was my old tapes and there was no sign of any DVD’s. I called back to the store but they denied that they had forgot to put down the DVD’s. They told me that they had confirmed that everyone had done their job and that the DVD’s should be in the box.

It really made me upset so I called up the manager. They finally let me refund the deal and gave me a second attempt to send them in. They probably think that I am trying to get free copies and their attitudes are really bad.

I will open the box in the store next time. It is really unfortunate that I have to wait for another three weeks again before I hopefully can get the DVD’s.

So far, I have had really bad luck this year. Tickets, bad score on a test, and Walgreens. I always think positive so I cannot really understand why this is happening to me. I guess the world is just unfair sometimes.

The picture I posted today was shot at 5th Avenue and 23rd Street in Manhattan. The building is famous around the world and is called the Flatiron Building. It was considered to be the first skyscraper ever built and was therefore the tallest building in New York after it was completed in 1902. 

No comments: