Thursday, February 12, 2009

Crazy Test in Finance


The two latest days have been crazy. I studied a lot for my finance test, but I thought it would be easier than most people believed it would be. I was unfortunately wrong about that.

I felt ready to take the test when I woke up yesterday morning. I reviewed the material on the train on my way to school and I was not that nervous. I realized the test was pretty big after the professor had handed it out.

There were nine questions in essay style so I got to work as fast as I could. It took me about twenty minutes to answer the first question and that was only because it was a big question and not because I did not know what to write.

One thing that bothered me a little was that the professor talked too much during the test. He answered students’ questions out loud and announced information about different class related things about ones every twenty minutes.

I finished the test right on time after about one hour and 45 minutes. Almost everyone in the classroom was still there so everyone had a problem in finishing on time. I wish that I would have had more time because I really wanted to write more for each answer.

I think I did okay though so I am excited about getting back my test. I really hope that the professor is generous about it because he has to realize that the time was not enough. This was definitely the longest test I have ever had so I do not want to know how big the final test in finance will be.

I had to start studying for my police and society test right after the test. I have basically only had one day to study for a 230 pages test, which is totally crazy. I have not had the time to read all the chapters but I have read a few pages and looked up what we talked about on the day of the review.

I am not that nervous about this test. I am still waiting for the class to start and I will look over the outline before the test starts. There is not much more I can do about the test. I have studied as much as possible. I think I studied about five hours yesterday together with two hours on the train.

I will have to try to think logically when doing the test because there is no way that I will be able to remember all the things in the book.

I took today’s picture in midtown Manhattan. I believe it is on 51st street close to 8th avenue. I was on my way to my Swedish friend’s hotel. We had not met for three years so it was nice to see him again. I will never stop loving Manhattan. Every time you take a walk in the city is amazing.

No comments: