Sunday, February 8, 2009

Planet Hollywood


I thought I would study more this weekend but there has been a few things that have come up. I have celebrated my fiancée’s birthday and I had to go to Kings Plaza to return two pairs of shoes.

I am doing pretty well with the finance even though I have not studied that much yet. I thought I would have to review the financial statements over and over again but it is not that hard for me to learn it.

I had, of course, the same financial statements in my two previous accounting classes, which has been really helpful.  I thought I had forgotten about some of the accounting I had learned before but I remember most of it after just taking a quick look at it, which feels very good.

I looked at the answers the first time I reviewed the financial statements. The second time, I tried to do it without looking at the answers and I could do it without a problem. The old accounting classes really help and that is probably why they are prerequisites for the finance class.

The hardest part of the test, which is coming up on Wednesday, will probably be to explain why and how everything is used. Doing the math really is not that hard. I have not had an essay style test in a long time so I am definitely looking forward to that. I like being able to explain myself and this often leads to points you might otherwise have had diminished.

The more I review the finance, the more confident I feel about the test. It is not like the professional selling or international business test where you had to study as much as you could and then on the day of the test you hoped that you would remember everything.

I basically know what will show up on the finance midterm. Every chapter deals with a specific principle and we have, of course, talked about what we should know in class. I have three more days to study and I will talk to the professor tomorrow after class and ask him about a few things that I want clarified.

I went to Planet Hollywood with my fiancée yesterday. We were very hungry when we got there because we had only eaten breakfast that day. We ordered bananarama drinks and Texas tostadas for starters and then had pork ribs for the main course.

It tasted absolutely fantastic but we got really stuffed afterwards. We had to box some of the food because they always give you a lot and it would be a sin to throw it away.

We had gone to the Kings Plaza mall in Brooklyn earlier that day to return two pairs of shoes that my fiancée bought online. I wanted to buy a pair of shoes there because they have 50% off on some of the shoes.

However, I did not find anything in particular that I liked so I ended up empty handed. I might buy something online though because they have a greater selection on their website.

I took today’s picture a while ago when I crossed the Manhattan Bridge. The walk really gives you a nice view over Manhattan, Brooklyn Bridge, and the Statue of Liberty. 

No comments: