Thursday, February 5, 2009

Back On Track!


I officially feel that I am back on track now. I had a quiz in international business this morning and I was a little worried that I would do badly on it. The only reason I felt like that was because I got 82 on my professional selling test.

I got back my score for the international business quiz just about an hour after I finished the test. I got 100 out of 100 on it and it came when I needed it at most. I really started to lack confidence after my test in professional selling but I feel restored from that now.

I can understand why some people never get good grades. Having confidence in what you do is of great importance and you cannot succeed if you do not believe in yourself. I really had to fight to get back on the road of success when it comes to my testing results and it is very easy to fall behind.

If students get one bad grade and never succeed to build on their confidence and convince themselves that they can do better, they simply will not be able to improve. I really did not think of this before and thought that everything had to do with hard work. Hard work is definitely important too but knowing and feeling that you can do something may be proved to be of greater significance.

I will have two tests next week. I will try to relax this weekend but I will definitely have to study too. I will also celebrate my fiancĂ©e’s birthday by going to Planet Hollywood, which I am greatly looking forward to.

I paid the $100 fine today at the Transit Adjudication Bureau. It feels good to have that done and I hope with all my heart that I will never have to set my foot in there again. One thing that I really do not like about that place is that they do not accept credit cards. People have to pay with cash or money order.

I had to wait to pay until today since I do not like to walk around with $100 bills in my pocket in Brooklyn. However, it is finally over and I will continue to enjoy every single day.

I have not gone out to take photographs in a long time. I found out that B&H in Manhattan develops large prints for people for a pretty good price. They charge around $9 for a large poster so I am definitely thinking about developing some of my pictures and put them up on my walls in my new apartment.

I am thinking about giving my cat a shower. It is an indoor cat so she is not dirty but I think it would be healthy to give her a shower at least every six month. I need to go to a pet store and ask them about it first though. I am sure they will recommend me to buy a $100 shampoo and to give the cat a shower every week. We will see what happens.

I will probably write a little more about the pictures that I post on the blog. It has been pretty randomly so far but I will try to explain them and let you know where I took it etcetera. Some of the pictures are shot by digital cameras and some of them with my IPhone. That is why they differ in quality.

This picture was shot in Chinatown in Brooklyn. A bunch of fire trucks responded to an alarm but I am not sure of what had happened there. I had been shopping for groceries and was on my way home.

No comments: