Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Study Time


My two coming days will be crazy. My class had a review for the test in police and society today and the test will be on Thursday.

The test covers seven chapters, which is more than 200 pages in the textbook.  The problem is not only that I have just two days to study but also that I have a test in finance tomorrow, which really limits the time I have for studying.

I thought I would have a lot of time to study yesterday. I prepared to study for finance when I came home from school and put all my books and paperwork on my desk. Five minutes later, a friend of mine called.

I had talked to him about a month ago and he told me he would come to New York from Sweden. He is going to several places in the United States so he will only stay in New York for four days.

I had promised to meet him when he came here so I had to go to see him yesterday. It really was not suitable but I had to do it because I did not want to let him down and also, we had not met for three years.

I went out to meet him and it was nice to catch up after so many years. He and his friend wanted to see Chinatown and Soho so I took them to Canal Street in Lower Manhattan. I spent about three hours with them so I really did not have that much time to study after that.

I have reviewed the finance for a few days now and I think I know most of what the teacher expects me to know. I do not think the test will be too hard but I am preparing for the worst. I really do not want to get less than an A on this test.

This is the first test I have with this professor so it is quite hard to know what his test will look like. It will feel really good after this week because I will not have much to do over the weekend when it comes to schoolwork.

I do not have any water available in the apartment today. There was a leaking pipe that had to be fixed so there are some construction workers here trying to fix it. The pipe led to the basement so I am not affected by it more than that I cannot use water at this moment 

My cat is getting pretty big now. She is growing really fast actually and she is only about six months old. I hope she will not get too big because I think they are cuter when they are small.

I took today’s picture in Times Square last year. There is always something happening there but this is actually in the subway. The woman on the picture pretended to be a statue and stood perfectly still. She was pretty good because at first, I did not know if it was a real person or not. 

No comments: