Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Selling Books Online


This quarter is soon coming to an end. Time has gone really fast but I feel, at the same time that it will be very comfortable with some vacation.

I sold another book online today. I had set the price at $3 so it was definitely not worth it. However, I had posted the book for sale earlier for $10 so that was the reason I kept it there. It was a very old book so I just wanted to get rid of it.

I have a few other books posted that I want to sell but I am considering if I should sell it or not. I got a total of $5.20 for the book because I will be compensated for some freight charges. The freight charges are, however, calculated in advance and usually do not add up to the actual price.

My total expenses for sending the book was $5 so I made a profit of 20 cents. My opinion is that if you have a book for sale and you will get less than $10 for it. Do not sell it online because it is definitely not worth the work you have to put into it.

This week is relatively calm in school. I have not had much homework, but I do have a term paper to turn in. I will write it either today or tomorrow but I have already written one third of it.

My cat is getting pretty big now. It is growing very fast. It is still cute though and I think that it is getting a little calmer for each day, which is good. It wakes me up some mornings, which can be pretty annoying, especially if you have school that same day.

Google came out with a new version of Google Maps, which I really like. They have added new functions that make it possible to see when trains and buses arrive. It is pretty accurate too so it is much easier to plan on when to leave home before taking the train.

The subway and buses have also been integrated in the GPS system so you can now search for directions by transit and it will show what train or bus you will need to take.

I have a test in math next week. We are learning things about absolute value and logarithms right now and I do not think that it is very hard. I have a 100% score in my math class right now, which feels very good. 

No comments: