Monday, December 29, 2008

Last Day In Sweden


This is my last full day in Sweden. I have had a great time over here and it has been really nice to see my family again. I am looking forward to go back to New York too though because it is a city that I have come to admire a whole lot.

The main thing that I do not like about Sweden is that all stores close really early. My sister and I went out today to buy a digital guitar tuner and a plectrum. We were there at about 2.45 PM but the store closed at 2 PM.

It was pretty annoying because I was really looking forward to use it when coming home. I also spent some extra time with my sister and family today because I do not know when I will see them again. It will not be more than a year though.

I have to pack my bag today and there is a lot of stuff that I have to bring this time. I have bought a lot of Swedish groceries. I bought a cheese that weights two kilos, three packages of cream cheese with shrimps, and one big Swedish sausage.

It is near impossible to find a big cheese like that in New York so that is why I buy a big one like that. The cream cheese is also very Swedish and so is the sausage. There are many different sausages in New York but I am not sure of what brand to buy and which ones that tastes good so I rather just bring one from Sweden.

One thing international students will have to think about every time they pack for a trip is to make sure they bring their I-20 documents and VISA. The I-20 also needs to be signed by a school official before returning home.

I will also bring a few DVD movies from Sweden because I have a few really good movies that I have not watched in a long time.

I think my bag weights about 28 kilos so I am not sure if I will have to pay overweight fees. However, you are allowed to bring two bags weighting 21 kilos each so I should be able to avoid it.

I will also bring my Swedish guitar. I have never learned how to play so I will start practicing a little in New York. It is pretty big though and I am not sure if they will let me bring it on as carry on luggage.

I definitely do not want to check it in because I only have a soft case for it and I fear that it will break if I do so. 

No comments: