Friday, December 26, 2008

Swedish Pizza


It is only two days until I go back to Sweden again. Time has gone really fast but it has been nice and relaxing over here.

I stayed home the whole the yesterday and hung out with my family. I had some Swedish pizza, which I really like. The pizza over here is pretty different than the one in New York. First of all, it is smaller and second of all, there are more ingredients on it.

I had kebab on my pizza and that is also my favorite. In New York people usually only eat one or two slices and that ordinarily makes them full. In Sweden people can eat a whole pizza and they will be called women if they do not.

I had dinner at my grandmother’s house today. She had prepared smoked salmon with potatoes au gratin. It was delicious so I had to portions of it. We also had a special white chocolate cake for desert. It had never tried it before but I will definitely eat it again if I find it somewhere.

My sister and I went to IKEA today so that she could take use of her gift card. We got a bunch of stuff and I paid a part for it as a delayed Christmas gift. My sister and I agreed to buy gifts for each other a few days after Christmas when the big sales are on.

Tomorrow will be my last full day in Sweden so I need to prepare a bunch of things before my trip. I am going to buy some Swedish groceries to bring to New York, including cream cheese, ordinary cheese, and some candy.

I am also going to a music store because my sister wants to buy me a guitar tuner and a plectrum. My sister bought me a guitar a few years ago and I never learned how to play it. I am really in the mood to start learning it now though so I will bring my guitar form Sweden to New York.

I have already found a few websites that provide free lessons and tips. It will definitely be a challenge but I think I will manage it. I am a little worried about if the airline will allow me to bring the guitar as carry on because I really do not want to check it in.

The risk is too big that it brakes since I do not have a hard case for my guitar. I think I will be allowed to bring it though because I talked to the check in guy when going to Sweden and he said that it should not be a problem.

I have not worked out in a few weeks now so I really need to go to a gym when I come back to New York. It takes about two weeks to lose your stamina so I guess the first few times there will be pretty tough. 

1 comment:

vickisch said...

Hej och glad fortsättning!
Jag heter Victoria och går andra ring på gymnasiet & läser samhälls linjen med humanistisk inriktning. Min stora dröm har alltid varit att åka till New York efter studenten för att plugga & via en hemsida upptäckte jag att Berkeley verkar vara den perfekta skolan för mig. Jag undrar ifall du skulle kunna ge mig lite tips om hur det var att söka ifrån Sverige och hur du löste det med studiebidraget. Jag skulle vara mycket, mycket tacksam för svar på min mailadress: victoriabergstrom_3@hotmail.com

Vore tacksam för svar,

MVH; Victoria