Monday, December 22, 2008

Driving


I did a lot yesterday. My sister and I had to buy the last of the Christmas gifts so we drove to Lund. There were a lot of people but it was not too much of a hassle because I am used to the crazy tourists in New York.

I bought some Swedish breakfast in the morning and I enjoyed it as much as the day before that. I was really looking forward to drive because it had been one year since I did that.

I thought it would be hard to drive after so long but I got used to it really fast. The car I drove is automatic too so it is pretty easy to drive it.

We found all our Christmas gifts pretty fast. I actually think we waited in line longer than actually looking for what items to buy.

I got my baggage later that day. It felt really good actually. I had called them in the morning to ask them where it was and they told me they had found it and would drive it to me in the afternoon.

Nothing was missing in the bag so that feels really good. We ate some Swedish “Kalopps” for dinner. My dad cooks one that tastes really good and this one was no exception.

My sister and I decorated my grandmothers Christmas tree that same evening. I had some whiskey for the first time in maybe a year so that was very nice. I really like the warm feeling you get when drinking it.

The tree came out great. I whished there could be some more lights in it though but that is okay. The weather has been pretty grey so far so I really hope for some snow for Christmas. I am not sure that is going to happen though.

My camera stopped working today. I was taking some pictures and I suddenly could not zoom with it. It is a digital SLR camera so the lens is removable. It is only the lens that is not working actually but that one alone costs over $1500.

I called Canon today and they said I could send it in. I will have to wait until I come back to New York though. I think I bought it in January last year so I only have a few more weeks until the warranty expires.

I drove a truck with a manual stick. It was really fun actually. I have never driven a big truck like that but it was actually quite fast. Driven is something I really miss in New York so I try to drive a lot when here.

I need to buy some more Christmas gifts tomorrow and I need to give my grandparents a ride because they need to buy some food. I am already looking forward to it.  

No comments: