Sunday, December 21, 2008

Arrival To Copenhagen


I just arrived to Copenhagen after eight hours in the air. The flight was very comfortable, especially since my ticket had been upgraded to economy extra.

There was a snowstorm the morning I woke up so I was a little worried that the plane had been cancelled. I checked online and there were no messages about any delays for my flight, but I took the bus to Newark Liberty Airport a little earlier because of the storm.

I arrived about three hours prior to when my plane would leave so the check in had just opened. Everything went smooth and when I checked in my uncle had helped me to upgrade my seat from economy to economy extra.

I had a lot of space on the plane and I got more drinks and better food. I will definitely consider upgrading my tickets in the future.

The only thing that has gone wrong so far is that my baggage has been lost. The staff says that the bag arrived to Stockholm instead of Copenhagen and that they have to send it back to Copenhagen.

I am glad that it is not missing or have an unknown status though; at least they know where it is. I am still worried, however, because I have some valuable stuff in it, such as my laptop, tripod, and Christmas gifts.

What is good is that they will drive it home to my address when it arrives to Copenhagen so I will not have to worry about going to the airport again.

My dad will pick me up at the airport and we will go to by some alcohol for Christmas afterwards. The reason for that is because the alcohol in Denmark is a lot cheaper than in Sweden.

There is only one company in Sweden that is allowed to sell alcohol so it’s a monopoly. I guess the state wants to control the consumption of it, bit it really is not a very good thing because alcoholism is still a big problem in Sweden and I would love it to be cheaper.

I will go to meet my dad now. I did not sleep on the plane so I will have to stay up for a whole more day, which is tough. I will probably decorate my grandmother’s Christmas tree today or tomorrow, and I am really looking forward to doing that. 

No comments: