Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas


Today is Christmas and my family and I are preparing for dinner and drinks. We will be nine people celebrating here and I really think we will have a great time together.

I have a few more gifts to wrap in but I have one more hour before the guests start to show up. We will eat a lot for Christmas. A few of the dishes we will have are ham, eggs, salmon, herring, and potatoes.

People get tired of the food right after Christmas but they are also looking forward to it before each Christmas. I really love the food and I always eat too much.

I went to buy fish with my grandmother yesterday. I had to drive her and it took about an hour to go there. It is a place close to a lake called Ringsjon so their fish are very fresh and tastes absolutely delicious.

I am a little disappointed because of my camera, which broke a couple of days ago. I can only take pictures on a really close distance because it is the focus on the lens that is not working.

My warranty expires January 8th so I will have to send the camera to Canon right after I come back to New York. Until then, I will have to use my dad’s camera so that I can take a few Christmas photos.

The weather is pretty bad. It was raining earlier this morning and I really miss the snow. It ruins the Christmas spirit a little but the food and the nice environment, here at home, will most likely make this Christmas wonderful.

Donald Duck is broadcasted every Christmas in Sweden and I will watch it this year as usual. It lasts for about an hour I think and it is a very Swedish tradition to watch it.

Before we eat the main course in Sweden during Christmas everyone drinks something called Glogg. People only drink it for Christmas and it is definitely a part of the holiday. There are many different kinds of Glogg, with or without alcohol but the most famous brand is Blossa.

I am starting to miss New York and my fiancée so it will be nice to go back there again. It is still nice to be with my family in Sweden however.

No comments: