Sunday, December 21, 2008

First Day In Sweden


I have spent my first day in Sweden now and it feels great. I am jetlagged but it is nice to be home other than that.  

My family and I had Swedish breakfast when we came home and that was wonderful. We had biscuits with cheese, ham, cream cheese with shrimps, and marmalade. I have really missed that in New York actually so I will eat a lot of it these coming days.

I also went out to take pictures. My sister wanted to take a long walk so we walked for about one hour. I actually used to run that certain way before, which I cannot believe these days. I got some pretty nice picture of the Swedish countryside but it was, unfortunately, raining.

I did not decorate the Christmas tree today. I felt a little too tired to do that but I went to see my grand parents anyway. They live about ten minutes away if you drive a car so it is easy to get there.

It has been about a year ago since I saw them so it was very nice to meet them again. I will decorate the tree tomorrow, which I am looking forward to. It is kind of a tradition for my sister and I to do so.

It feels like Sweden has changed a little since I was here last time. It might be just that I have not been here for a year, but I am not sure. One thing that it very different from New York is that there are so few people here.

It is nice because it is so much quieter and calmer. It is easy to get bored from it though. I will go out to buy the last Christmas gifts tomorrow. I am still waiting for my bag to come, and it will not arrive tonight.

I called the airline and they do not know where my bag is, which is pretty worrying. They told me that they got a lot of bags lately though so they have not registered all of them yet. I really hope that they will find it. It would be really annoying to have to deal with insurances and things like that.

I will post a lot of blogs these days because I want to talk about my time in Sweden. I will also put up a lot of pictures here so that all of you can get an insight in my daily life. 

1 comment:

Katti said...

Hej!

Jag hittade din blogg genom Berkeley College - blogs, när jag var inne på hemsidan och tittade.
Jag är så taggad på att åka till Berkeley efter gymnasiet, men jag vet inte om jag vågar. Hur var det för dig?
Maila mig gärna: katrina.welitschka@moderat.se.

Tack!