Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday


This Friday was crazy because of the great sale that was going on in the country. A lot of people went up very early in the morning to take use of the good deals. When I say early, I mean at around 4 AM.

My fiancée and I planned to get up at 6 AM but we woke up early so we actually went out right before 5 AM. A lot of people go to New Jersey to places like Jersey Gardens and Woodbury, but I thought that we would find the same things here in New York.

My fiancée and I went to Queens Mall and Manhattan after that. We bought a few Christmas and Thanksgiving gifts to each other and we have already been starting to use them.

The first store we went to was Victoria’s Secret. My fiancée really likes that store and they had a few great deals during Black Friday. Every store was really crowded and it got worse for every minute.

The shopping was fun though and we definitely saved some money by shopping now instead of right before Christmas. We also went to H&M because I wanted to buy a coat for my fiancée. H&M had 20% on everything until 11 AM. The sale did not last very long so I guess that is why people get up early.

We were at H&M at about 10 AM so we had plenty of time to stroll around. We found a great-looking coat and a few other things that we bought.

We also wanted to go to Best Buy and Target and those stores are very close to Queens Mall. The area there was very crowded and there was even a line for Best Buy so we did not go there.

Target has a huge store in Queens, which is good because there is more room for everyone. It was still crowded though but I found a few great Christmas gifts over there. I cannot tell you what because I suspect that my family might be reading this blog.

I have been eating all the Thanksgiving leftovers now. I am pretty tired of it actually because I ate a lot of it. I still have some apple pie though that I might eat later.

I was thinking about doing a paper this evening but I am too tired to do it. I have to read a lot and I still have one day tomorrow to do it. The deadline is not for Tuesday as I thought but for Thursday so I have plenty of time to do it. 

No comments: