Sunday, May 18, 2008

Some events are coming up...


This weekend is really boring. I haven’t really done anything progressive at all. I have done some homework and I have to do some more today. I don’t really feel like going out either. I will cook some American breakfast soon to cheer me up a little.

I have my second English paper due on Wednesday. I went to the tutoring center last Friday and that was helpful. I will go there again on Tuesday too though. I want to do this only because my English teacher is tutoring that day, and I think that if he is the one correcting it, he can’t really give me other than an A if I do all the changes he tells me to do.

I have started using the computer program Skype now. It’s really good but my bank keeps blocking my payment for buying credits. I have to give my bank a call about that. I think it is pretty good that they are careful though since Skype is an internet company.

I really recommend students to use Skype. You can make really cheap international calls and that will save you a lot of money. The reception is also always really good.

I think I will go out with a friend this coming week or weekend. It’s been a while since I hung out with him and I haven’t had a beer in a long time. I don’t want to go out too late though. Since I met my girlfriend, I’m simply not in the mood for late night partying.

I just read that there is an event at the Brooklyn Bridge May 22. I have heard that they are building a giant waterfall underneath it and I will go to check that out. I am not sure if it will be related to the 125th birthday of the bridge though. I think it will look really nice!

There is also an IKEA opening in Red Hook, Brooklyn this summer. There will be free ferry service between the IKEA and Manhattan which is good since there isn’t any subway nearby. I will go there with my girlfriend to check that out and by some Swedish chocolate.

I will also start taking some more pictures after this week. I haven’t used my camera in a long time so I think it’s time to do so. I might go to the Bronx Zoo and take some pictures there. I haven’t been at a zoo for a while and the Bronx Zoo is supposed to be huge.

I really want to see the tigers so I will wait a few weeks before I go there. I don’t think they let the tigers out until later.

I have to read a short story for Monday. It’s not that short actually. I think it took me about an hour to read so I am not really in the mood to read it again. I have to do it though since there will be a quiz as usual.

My friend in Seattle invited me to stay at his family’s place if I go there this coming break. It’s really nice of him, and I will consider doing so. I really want to see the west coast. New York seems to be so different from the rest of the United States so I’m looking forward to do that.

No comments: