Thursday, May 22, 2008

Math test


I had a midterm in math yesterday. I did not study for it that much because I felt that I knew most of it. However, there was one type of question that confused me. I don’t really know what that type of math is called but it’s about calculating x.

I have no problems calculating equations and factorizations and so on, but I found this type of questions hard. One thing that made me a little frustrated was that we had to stay after the test to have lecture for about an hour.

This wasn’t the teachers fault though. I asked him if we could have the test before the lecture and he said we could vote for it. The majority of the class said they wanted the test first. I really don’t understand this decision but there was nothing I could do about it.

I don’t think I want to do anything about it either though, after all, it is democracy. I did all the questions on the test and I felt good about it. There was one question that was of the type that I previously explained. I tried doing it and I came up with an answer. I really can’t say if it was right though.

I think I will get a few credits at least since I tried. All the other problems felt somewhat easy and I should end up with an A. It doesn’t matter though, since this class won’t affect my GPA. I need to get a passing grade and that it.

After my math class, my friend asked me if I wanted to have a beer and watch the premier league. It was a while since I talked to him and even longer since I had a beer. There is a great bar just next to Berkeley College. It is located between 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue, on 41st street.

We went there and saw the final between Manchester United and Chelsea. I am talking about soccer by the way. I am not really into soccer but it’s nice to just watch sports and talk. We also ordered some launch which for me consisted of a cheeseburger with fries. It was actually really taste.

I think that bar food is pretty underestimated. This cheeseburger was one of the best. Maybe it was because I had had a few beers before. I only had an accounting class today. My computer class was cancelled because my teacher was ill. It was pretty nice to get away early actually.

I have a weekend again and that feels okay. I won’t do too much either. I need to do two big marketing assignments and some accounting. I also have to read a short story in English as usual. I don’t think I need more than one day to do this though.

There will be some activities in South Manhattan this weekend. As I mentioned before, people celebrate the birthday of Brooklyn Bridge. I saw on the news yesterday that they actually change the lights that are set up on the bridge.

The lights look really nice actually and I am thinking about going there to take some pictures. I am not sure if they will keep that lightning in the future or if it’s only for the birthday celebration. I also saw online that IKEA has a sale. I don’t really need anything right now though but it’s up to 60% on some goods.

If you live in New York or New Jersey and need some new furniture or other things for your home, you should definitely go there. There are free shuttle buses from Times Square on 42nd Street.

No comments: