Tuesday, May 27, 2008

How to take a picture of London from New York


Yesterday was Memorial Day, and I think it’s a great holiday. It gives people time to think about the troops that have and are serving this country. Many people were celebrating the day but most people stayed home instead of travelling because of the fuel prices.

It was a really hot day and many people went to the beach. Brighton Beach was packed with people. I went to Brooklyn Bridge to check out the huge telescope that connects London with New York. The picture is from there and I really recommend people to go there.

It’s an amazing sight actually. From what I have understood, there is some sort of transatlantic tunnel connecting two telescopes. One is located in London and the other one is in New York. It’s not using satellites or anything so it’s not cheating in that matter. It is supposed to be a real telescope with mirrors and other high-tech equipment.

The line wasn’t that long either so it was actually really enjoyable to go there. The line to the ice cream shop was twice as long actually. It was really cool to see London from New York and I saw some kids waving and dancing.

It was raining there, of course, but they seemed to be happy anyway. The picture is really clear too. I actually thought it was going to be pretty difficult to see people there but the size of the telescope is huge so it’s no problem.

I did some homework today. I finished my marketing assignments and my math homework. It feels good to have done that. I have a test in accounting next Thursday so I have to study this weekend for it. I don’t really know everything in the chapters yet so I have to go through it thoroughly.

It’s really warm these days. I’m seriously thinking about buying an air condition system now. I want to go pick one out with my girlfriend so when she’s available, we will probably go.

I have a quiz in English tomorrow. The short story we read now is called “I stand here ironing” and it’s written by Tillie Olsen. I’m not very fond of what we read in that class. The stories are always very depressing in some way and I’m tired of reading sad stories.

I want to read about happiness and success and things that will motivate me. I don’t want to read about things that might make me feel down.

Berkeley College has three different buildings in Midtown Manhattan right now. They will move out from one of the buildings and that is a great decision. That building is a little older than the other ones and the desks are terrible.

The new buildings are excellent and from the next quarter, we will only have classes in those two buildings. I’m really looking forward to that actually. Next quarter will probably be a lot calmer too with fewer students. Many students take the summer quarter off. I won’t do that though because I want to finish as early as possible.

No comments: