Friday, August 28, 2009

Craig Ferguson


There is a bunch of sporting events taking place in New York right now. The U.S. Open has already started and tickets are sold out quickly. I am planning to go to see a game but I am not sure if I will yet. It is not my favorite sport although I am sure I would enjoy watching it.

Football season is also getting started. It is pre-season right now and I am really tempted to go and watch a game. I believe the New York Giants have their stadium in New Jersey, which is quite funny actually. However, there are buses available that make it easy to get there from Times Square.

I am going to try to finish up most of my homework assignments this weekend so that I will have an easier quarter ahead of me. My professor in ethics gave out an extra credit assignment for people who feel they need to complement their midterm or the upcoming final.

I do not need to do it since I got a 100 on the test. However, I have been thinking about it and I believe I will do the assignment anyway. It is, first of all, an interesting assignment that deals with the question of abortion and if it should be legal or not. Also, I would be able to study less for the final the last week of the quarter, which usually is one of the busiest times since all test happen to show up that same week.

I really like to watch late night shows on television. My favorites used to be Conan O’Brien and Jay Leno. However, I feel that Conan’s performance has taken a hit after he took over from Jay Leno. I feel that the show has become a little too big and Andy Richter simply is not a fan of mine.

I discovered another comedian with a late night show a few weeks ago though. His name is Craig Ferguson and he is absolutely hilarious. I usually only laugh out loud a couple of times when watching Conan or Leno and it is not uncommon for me to sit quiet and watch a full show without laughing.

However, Craig Ferguson makes me laugh in all of his shows. He is definitely unique and has a very appealing personality. Also, he is not afraid of joking about his guests just like Conan O’Brien used to do. For example, I was watching the show a few weeks ago and he showed a movie clip from a movie, which his current guest had either produced or played a role in.

After playing the clip he commented on it and sarcastically said: “That is going to be the movie of the century.” The movie was not a big one and it definitely did not seem to be very good. Ferguson’s comment made the whole audience laugh, including me. The guest was actually laughing too, at least on the outside.

No comments: