Saturday, August 22, 2009

Unlucky


I had a very unlucky day yesterday. After working on a project for the whole day, I went to Kings Plaza in Brooklyn to do some shopping. Macy’s had advertised about a sale they were going to have. However, nothing of what I wanted was in stock when I went there, which was a big disappointment.

I also went to buy a golf game for Xbox that my fiancée wanted to try. I must admit, I pretty much wanted it too since after Tiger lost against Yang in the PGA Championship. After waiting for the bus for half an hour we finally was on our way home for some relaxation.

When we were going to try the game we realized that the clerk had given us the wrong disc. Instead of the latest Tiger Woods game we got the 2006 edition. I needed a haircut so I thought I could go out again but this time only a few bocks away because we have a GameStop store in our neighborhood.

This store did not want to solve the problem because they claimed they had a completely different inventory system than the other store. This really frustrated me since I now had to spend money on a new bus ticket and travel the 40 minutes it takes to go to Kings Plaza.

The highlight of yesterday was my haircut. It is the best hair salon I have ever visited in New York actually. First of all, a haircut only costs $13 and that includes a wash. The wash is not just a wash though. They usually wash people’s hair for about ten to fifteen minutes while giving great massage.

They normally only massage the skull and neck but yesterday I also received a great back massage after the wash. It is a Chinese place and my fiancée told me that it is pretty common in China. The service is absolutely fantastic and my haircut always turns out the way I want it.

I have been very curious about my upcoming electricity bill this month. I have been running the air conditioner day and night most days and I thought the bill would end up at over $120 for this month. However, I received the bill today and apparently I only have to pay $51. Electricity in New York is a lot cheaper than in Sweden. This is actually mostly because Sweden has shut down two of its nuclear plants and is importing electricity from Russia.

I bought fifty small magnets on eBay a few days ago. I really do not like the look of the fridge so I wanted to stuff it with pictures. I received the magnets the other day and I have already started to put up some pictures. I still need to cover about half of the fridge but it already looks much better. I think it is a great way of decorating the kitchen.

No comments: