Thursday, August 27, 2009

High Net Income


Today was an interesting day. We started to run the simulation in my management class. There is a lot of material to study before making the actual decisions. My professor actually showed us his decisions before we started and he ended up with a 20% net income, which is very good.

I wanted to experiment as much as possible before we replay the whole simulation so that we could get as much experience as possible. After putting in all our decisions we ended up with a net income of 25%, which was quite surprising. I hope we will stay in those numbers because it does not get much better than that.

My class in ethics had a discussion about homosexuality today. It as extremely interesting actually and it formed intense class discussion. It is extremely hard for anti-gay people to argue against homosexuality because there simply are no rational arguments against it. I tried to come up with some arguments but we could always find contradictions to it.

For example, if someone would claim homosexuality is wrong because of reproduction issues, another could ask whether people in celibacy or sterile people are immoral too. This argument therefore does not hold up. Also, people who argue that it is wrong because the bible says it is wrong are also walking on thin ice.

The reason is because the interpretation of the bible differs all over the world. There are things in the bible that are not practiced such as stoning for example. The bible also says that masturbation is wrong. How many anti-gay people could say they do not engage in that practice?

If someone is reading this and has a good response to why homosexuality is wrong, I would like to hear it. I love challenging my professors. I have done some Googling but I still could not find any reasonable or rational arguments against it.

I am looking forward to the weekend. I have a few assignments to do for Tuesday but it is definitely doable in one day. I have to do a take-home midterm for my management simulation class. The midterm asks questions concerning the pharmaceutical industry and how the simulation works. It is very similar to the first one, which I got a 90 out of 100 on. However, my answers were quite brief on that midterm so I am going to try to answer more thoroughly this time.

Today was actually a relatively cold day. I believe it was around 78 Fahrenheit, which was very refreshing. I think it will stay this way for the rest of the week or at least I hope so.

I am really in the mood to travel to Boston or similar over the weekend. I feel that I want to get away from New York just a few days. It has been a very intense quarter and a break would definitely help me get my energy back. I have also been considering going to Montauk here in New York but it is quite hard to find affordable hotels in that area.

No comments: