Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cheesecake


I was planning to make cheesecake together with my girlfriend today. It should not be too hard to bake one but when we arrived to the grocery store, we pretty much changed our minds and bought an already made cake, which by the way, tasted fantastic.

I received my grades for the midterm yesterday. It was posted online and I am always very curious about the scores after the test. Thus, I always check the online blackboard several times a day. I got 100 out of 100 on the test, which included a 50 question multiple-choice test and a take-home essay problem. It feels very good to have scored that well. I had a feeling I did okay but getting a hundred is obviously always very encouraging.

This is the first weekend in a very long time that I have been able to relax a little. I have still done homework including international trade and professional selling but it has been tiny tasks to work with compared to what I have had to do the last few weeks. To be able to watch a movie or a show at night is really amazing when you are not used to it.

I had tacos with my girlfriend today. We bought some tortilla bread, salsa, ground beef, and cheese at the supermarket and the meal was great. Mexican food is something I really like to eat at home, especially tortillas and similar food where you have to put together your own plate.

I tried some kind of new energy drink the other day. I was extremely tired when I woke up and my girlfriend had bought them because she is studying for a huge test hat she has to do. It only took a minute for me to get extremely energetic and I was very surprised with the effect it has on me. The energy drink is called 5 Hour Energy. One bottle only contains about 60ml, but it is definitely enough to get people going.

I also turned in my report for my management simulation class last Thursday. I feel satisfied with my report but I am not sure about what my professor will think about it. The first simulation, which involved running a car dealership, is over. We will run a pharmaceutical company from now on. However, I can still do the dealership simulation one more time so I will probably do it from home just for fun.

One of my classed for next quarter were cancelled last week. This really frustrated me since I have had a few problems registering already. I went to the advisors office to talk about it but they had already corrected it for me and switched me to the morning class instead. I have to get up early again next quarter, which I had hoped I could have avoided but at least I can still take the class.

I am planning to go to Upper Manhattan in a few weeks. My friend told me that he knows a great location for taking pictures and I would really like to check it out. I know the view from there can be fantastic but I have never actually been to a place in Upper Manhattan that offers that kind of view.

No comments: