Sunday, August 16, 2009

Group Projects


I bought a huge watermelon yesterday. It weights about 25 pounds and I do not think I have ever seen a watermelon that big. It tastes pretty good too but it is not as sweet as the ones I have had before. I am not sure if it is because of the size. It is definitely a pleasure to eat it because it has been intensely hot outside the last few days.

I finished my project for international trade today. I am satisfied with it and I think I came up with a very good idea. We are a total of three people in the group and I basically told my group members to answer all related questions, give them to me, and I would put together everything.

My team members have not been very engaged in the process, which I pretty much expected. That is one reason why I hate when professors assign groups. I prefer finding a group member by myself because I can then see who will actually contribute. I assume the professor will give them lousy grades anyway since they barely show up for class. However, the group will receive one grade as a whole for the project.

I gave my members a free ride but I do not really mind to do it. If I would not do it, we would all receive a bad grade. It was pretty easy for me to complete the project since my major is marketing and I did not feel there was excessive work to do. Also, during our presentation, our professor will most likely see that I am the one who is most prepared to answer any questions. This already happened when we introduced our product.

Many would have assumed that my online class in professional selling would ease of a little towards the end. However, my opinion is that the tests are getting tougher and tougher. The first tests pretty much asked questions students could find by reading the book. The last few tests have asked questions related to the material in the book, but students have been forced to analyze and understand the different material found in selected chapters.

The online class is definitely more time absorbing then normal lectures. I am not sure about how many hours I have spent studying for my professional selling class but it is far over six hours a week.

One thing that I have recognized during the recession and up until now is that commercials have become far more competitive. I just saw a commercial from Chevrolet that compared Chevy cars to Honda ones. Apparently, Chevrolet gives people more mileage and the only thing Honda does better is lawnmowers. It was actually a very amusing commercial.

It fortunately looks like the recession is coming to an end now. People should not hope for too much though since this recession has surprised people many times. It would be wonderful if the economy could start to improve now because that would make my graduation, which will take place in one year, more optimistic.

No comments: