Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Management Simulation


I got back my test in the management simulation class today. I scored a 90 out of 100, which I feel satisfied about. However, I had a few disagreements with the professor about his grading. I did not spend a lot of time on the test though so I can understand why I did not get a better score.

I am doing quite well in the class. I believe that my partner and I are scoring higher than the other students in our class right now. I want to increase the profit for our dealership but it is not easy to do. We have successfully lowered inventory by almost 100 days, which I am extremely happy about because it saves us a lot of money.

One thing that I am not sure how to deal with is cost cutting. The market rates for wages keep going up and I have to keep my salaries even to the market rates to keep my employees happy, which eventually leads to higher customer satisfaction. I earned approximately $25,000 in profit in one period but I seem to be stuck at an average profit of $8,000 in the last few cycles. I am not sure if it is possible to earn a higher profit than that but I really want to.

I am thinking about doing a language test at New York University that will give me 12 credits. It would be possible for me to graduate earlier and the test should not be any problem since it is in Swedish. Berkeley College accepts these credits and many students actually do the test. I just need to make sure I have enough electives left on my progress report.

I will have a midterm in ethics next Tuesday. I will have a review on Thursday and I really do not think the test will be hard. I have heard from a friend of mine that his tests are easy to understand and that people will do well on his tests as long as they study and listen to him.

I only have three to four quarters left at Berkeley College. It is quite amazing how fast time has past. I cannot believe that I will be graduating so soon but I am looking forward to starting to work. The economy is in recovery right now and I think that a year from now will be a good time to graduate. I am also convinced that, for the ones who need it, Berkeley College will help students to find good jobs because Berkeley College has a remarkable placement program.

I never felt that I would miss school before but I can imagine that I will miss college after graduation. It is incredibly fun to learn new things. I will try to stay in contact with professors afterwards because many of our teachers at Berkeley College sit with incredible knowledge and experience and it is always a true privilege to listen to them.

No comments: