Saturday, September 5, 2009

Swollen Eyelid


I was planning to go to Niagara Falls this weekend but I cancelled my plans. My eyelid swelled up yesterday for an unknown reason but I suspect it may be because my cat scratched me. I actually feel somewhat lucky that it happened yesterday and not on a day where I had to go to work or school. I now have until Tuesday before school starts and I am positive that it will be better at that time.

I have a few things to do this weekend including preparing for a presentation that I have on Tuesday. I am not nervous about it because I feel that I know everything I need to know about my product. I will try to get my group members engaged in the presentation too because I would make everything easier.

There are only two more weeks left in school before the break. I only have a week after that before the next quarter starts so I will not travel during the break. However, I will probably travel to Niagara Falls next weekend for two days and I am really looking forward to that.

The pharmaceutical business simulation for my management class has started. It is a lot more complex than the car dealership simulation I did before. There are actually not many decisions to make before moving on to the next period but there are numerous of reports to study.

I made a huge profit the first period but it is slowly decreasing. I am not sure how to turn around my business yet but I will study the material this weekend and I will hopefully find something that will help me come up with new ideas. My teammate promised me she would do her best to study the material and I am counting on her to come up with some ideas.

I am really looking forward to the fall and winter. I would like it to get a little colder outside so that I can wear a few of my new jackets and I love to walk in Manhattan when the Christmas decoration has started. There is something reassuring and soothing about the winter that I really enjoy.

There was an interesting discussion taking place in my ethics class this week. My professor talked about PETA and the arguments against eating meat. I love steak and beef and have never seen anything ethically wrong about eating it. However, my professor presented us all to a new perspective of everything involving whether it is right to kill animals for our own good when we can survive eating vegetables and other non-animal food.

It was a very interesting class but it was also frustrating because I could not come up with a good argument to why eating meat was right. Saying that human beings are superior simply is not a good enough argument. However, I still do not care what anyone says about me eating meat and I never will.

No comments: