Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Software Bugs


I got my management simulation report back last Monday. I got 105 points out of 100. The 5 extra points were rewarded to me because I was able to increase profit for three consecutive months. I believe my group was the only one to receive the five extra credits, which were not easy to get. I am very happy with the first half of this quarter but it has been hard work.

I also, apparently, was the only one who received a hundred on the midterm in ethics. The professor was surprised and asked me if I cheated, which I responded to by saying: “of course” with a touch of irony. I do not like to brag about grades and other accomplishments even though it might sound like it sometimes.

I am really just trying to show others that anyone can be successful if they put time into doing so. I hope to influence and motivate others to do what they really want to do in life because it is not hard unless they make it hard. Making it hard for oneself includes studying one hour the night before the test takes place. It is much easier to study the material a week in advance and dedicate one hour every day until it is time to take the test.

It is fantastic how some people can spend their whole life complaining about other people and how unfair their life is. I try to learn from other people’s success and I feel genuinely happy when hear that someone received a generous bonus. Maybe that can be me some day.

I received two shirts today that I bought online about a week ago. I am extremely happy with the purchase because the shirts fit perfectly and they look and feel absolutely fantastic. One is Tommy Hilfiger and I believe the other one is Dockers. I only paid $30 for the Tommy Hilfiger one, which I find quite amazing since the material is of such great quality.

I have been wearing suit a lot lately much because of my internship. However, it is not very comfortable taking the subway and spending time outside when it is 100 degrees. I will probably skip the jacket for the rest of this summer because this is the warmest time of the year.

I was going to by an application on iTunes today. The price was reduced 30% so I wanted to buy it as soon as possible since many of the discounts only last for a few hours or a day at most. However, iTunes did not let me download it for some reason and it said the application was being modified. I feel I was really lucky though because when I tried to download it again a few hours later, the price had been lowered by 50% and this time I was able to download it. Sometimes, software bugs are not bad at all.

No comments: