Thursday, August 27, 2009

All Classes Cancelled


I bought a few ties as planned. However, I had planned to buy one or two ties at most but I ended up buying six of them. The reason was the price because they only cost $1 a piece. They are made of 100% silk and perfectly okay when it comes to quality. I was very surprised with how many good ties I found and I definitely feel that I made a bargain.

I also received the screen protector, which I bought on eBay, for my iPhone. I am extremely satisfied with it and it actually works like a mirror because the reflection is very strong. I wish I had been a little more careful when putting it on my iPhone because there are some bubbles under the protector that developed because I did not stretch out the film good enough. However, it is not very noticeable so it does not disturb me significantly.

Berkeley College cancelled all classes today. I have never experienced this before and I did not really experience it today either since I do not have any classes on Wednesday’s. The reason was a water leak somewhere. I do not know much details but I cannot claim students were disappointed.

Classes will resume tomorrow like normal and evening classes were still scheduled for tonight. I am glad my tomorrow’s classes are not cancelled since I actually like going to school to learn new things. Also, another big reason I do not like classes being cancelled is that I am paying a large amount of money for my education. Surprisingly, not too many students think like that.

It looks like the weather will turn chillier at the end of this week. It has been way too hot the last month and it gets especially unbearably hot in the subway and inside my apartment. The subway system in New York definitely needs a ventilation system. It actually feels dangerously warm sometimes and I am sure it gets over 105 degrees in some areas. The subway system in Washington DC is much better because it is bigger, cleaner, and better ventilated.

My professor in international trade held an extremely interesting class last week. I talked about how to raise a million dollars and that anyone can do it. It was very inspiring to listen to and what he said definitely sounds feasible. I am not going to share what he said because that is something you have to go to Berkeley College to learn.

We are still going over the details in my management simulation class regarding our new task. We are going to run a large pharmaceutical corporation with responsibilities including promotional activities, product lines, and competitiveness. I cannot wait to get started with the simulation and in my opinion, I feel that we should start it as soon as possible because actually running the simulation is going to teach us students more than learning theory.

No comments: