Monday, August 24, 2009

Football


One thing I have always missed with my iPhone is a mirror. I have an iTouch also, which has a mirror on the back and I got used to it before. However, a friend of mine bought something on eBay called chrome mirror or similar. It is basically a screen protector that is very reflective.

I bought one for approximately $2 and I am really looking forward to install it on my iPhone. It kills visibility a little when using it in bright daylight but I think I should be fine. If it turns out to be very ineffective, I can always throw it away since it was so cheap anyway.

I have started to watch football again. It is preseason and I can finally follow the Giants on their way to Super Bowl. They lost against Carolina yesterday and they looked pretty weak but I hope they will improve their game through time. I remember when they won Super Bowl two years ago. I watched the game at BB King at Times Square and huge celebrations broke out right after the game. That was definitely an exciting moment.

I finished reading a book called “Our Daily Meds” by Melody Petersen yesterday. She talks about how pharmaceutical companies have gone from trying to find cures for diseases to preventing symptoms and how extreme some of their marketing campaigns can be.

I personally did not know that pharmaceutical companies manipulated journals, doctors, and others to sell their products. I have actually also learned a lot about how to market certain products even though the author tries to prove that most methods are unethical. It is a very biased book in one way but it is a great read for people who can think critical.

I spent the whole day at work today. It feels good to go to New Jersey to work because it is a new environment and the view is astonishing. I also feel more motivated to do work when I am there because it is a very inspiring atmosphere to work in. I have so far learned a lot from my internship and I hope to stay there much longer than only until September.

I need to buy a new tie tomorrow. Sometimes, there are street stands in New York that sell ties for $1 to $10. The ties are supposed to be made of silk but I am doubtful about that. However, I am going to buy one just to see it the quality is good if I see a stand tomorrow. I might make a bargain.

I am going to take the New York University language test. I can earn 12 credits that Berkeley College will approve for proving my knowledge in Swedish. Obviously, the test will be very easy for me since I am from Sweden. I will be able to graduate one quarter earlier than originally planned thanks to the test and it only costs around $300. I thought the other day that if native speakers of a certain language cannot pass the test in that language, there must be something wrong with the test. So, let us all hope that there is nothing wrong with the test.

No comments: