Monday, July 28, 2008

Manhattan Portage


I am still looking for a Manhattan Portage bag but I think I have found it now. I searched on Google and there is supposed to be an official retail store in Soho. I will go there today with my fiancée.

Yesterday was a fun day. We went to a mall in New Jersey called Jersey Garden. We took the bus there from the Port Authority Bus Terminal close to Times Square. It was Sunday and because of that, there were no people working in the information booths.

I found it pretty weird that no one was working on Sundays. This is New York and they should have at least a couple of information desks open. However, we finally found a ticket booth and so that we were able to get our tickets.

The mall is surprisingly big. It has carpet everywhere you go and that is really comfortable. It actually looks about like any other mall around New Jersey or New York, it is just bigger. I believe it is a called an “outlet mall,” so everything is really cheap there too, which is great.

I bought a pair of Lacoste shoes, which I adore and that was about it actually. We had a great steak at the food court too though before we left.

On our way to the bus we realized that IKEA is pretty close to the mall and they have free shuttle buses between IKEA and the bus terminal in New York. We only had half an hour before the shuttle buses would stop service for the day but we decided to go for it.

We arrived at IKEA five minutes in time and were able to take the last bus home to New York. It felt great actually because we saved $10! Next time we will go to Jersey Gardens, we will take the IKEA bus for sure.

I have a midterm coming up this Thursday so I have to study a little today and the rest of the week. It is a multiple choice question midterm so most people feel happy about that. I actually prefer normal essay tests.

I think I will do well though and my teacher is very good. He has posted a review on blackboard with several questions. What is good about that review test is that you can do it online and get the answers very fast after you complete the test so I don’t have to print it.

I will go to Soho today to buy the bag. I am really looking forward to do that because my old bag is falling apart. I know that you can buy the bag online too but I really want to see the bag before I buy it. It is so hard to know if the color will be the same if you order it online.

I also want to see if the size is good. This store in Soho is great because they have the whole line of Manhattan Portage bags. I really think that they should start selling the bag at more places though. It is just too hard to get.

No comments: